Who We Are
The Relationships We Develop With You And Our Partners Around The World Are What Make All The Difference. Here We Invite You To Learn A Little Bit More About Us.
At Journeys, we bring an educated approach to your luxury travel desires, qualifying endless information and taking you beyond your wildest, most luxurious travel boundaries with our close personal and professional relationships around the globe. We use our expertise and resources to pursue the extraordinary and the exotic with the ultimate goal of bringing you an unforgettable, life-enhancing experience.
Helping You Plan a Lifetime of Extraordinary Travel Memories
Our goal is to develop your loyalty by providing you with extraordinary value, knowledge, and connections through our affiliation with Virtuoso, the industry's leading luxury travel network. We start with you, and your travel dreams. Whether you know where you want to go next, or looking for inspiration, we collaborate with you to design extraordinary travel that includes upgrades, private access, added touches, and amenities. Like fine wine, you really have to taste it to understand it.
Count on us to:
- Save you time and hassle by taking care of the details
- Use our worldwide connections and partners to design unique and customized travel experiences
- Provide complimentary extras, upgrades and amenities
- Offer exclusive travel opportunities that you can't get on your own, along with your best value for your money
- Confidence and peace of mind that there is someone to count on during your travels
Debbie Dos Santos - President & Founder
The first time I set foot in Africa, “I lost my soul” to the continent and its people. I set a goal for myself- To share that transformative experience with my daughter, with friends, and with the world.
I have an MBA in International Business and have lived in Africa, Latin America and Europe- giving me an insider perspective… From attending a traditional wedding in a tiny Shangaan village in Mozambique, to riding wild horses with the Rapa Nui locals in Easter Island. I have flown in prop planes across the bush to work with NGOs and PVOs building schools and wells, and in private jets to privatize a steel mill in Peru.
I founded Journeys - A Yacht & Travel Company in 2008 to encourage other travelers to live their dreams. I have appeared on nationally "Fox and Friends" news and "Oprah XM Radio" for my travel expertise as well as prepared incentive travel for the Discovery Channel.
Barolo Wine Country, Bhutan, New Zealand and chartering Princess Grace's yacht in the Galapagos Islands
St. Barths, Easter Island, Peruvian Amazon, Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, UK
Galloping with a herd of giraffe in the Grumeti Reserve Tanzania with thundering hooves and covered in mud; meeting Nacho Figueras in Aspen at the St. Regis Snow Polo Championship & Piranha Fishing in the Amazon
Derrick Rehn - Marketing Specialist
In 2009 I was given the opportunity to travel to Antarctica. It was an experience different from anywhere I had travelled before. Since then I have been overcome by a passion for travelling to new places and experiencing new things.
I have studied philosophy and sustainable development. Understanding the way we influence the world around us and the effect we have on the environment has given me a deep appreciation for ecotourism. I have been travelling my whole life and I have worked several logistical internships in the tourism industry.
I started working for Journey’s as an intern in summer of 2013. I am enjoying the experience and the insight it gives me into the travel industry.
Phuket, Czech Republic, and Sao Paulo
Bangkok, Ireland, Buenos Aires
Operating a Zodiac in the Antarctic Peninsula, Snorkeling around sharks and barracuda in St. Thomas.
"I can't thank you enough for your help to us! You have been simply wonderful to work with on our Gorilla Trekking! I look forward to sending referrals your way!"
- Jen"First of all, I want to thank you very, very much for putting together such a perfect, wonderful, and special vacation for us to Southern Africa. You really hit the nail on the head and both Anne and I were THRILLED beyond words with everything, and considering we were looking for different things, that says a lot."
- Jennifer & Anne"We never left the Ritz Amelia Island! Thank you so much for all you put together for us. All the extras you included made ALL the difference!!!!!!! You are terrific. Not only will we call on you again but we will certainly recommend you to others as well."
- Libby"Debbie we know the success of the trip was greatly due to your great work and we thank you for steering us well! Also if other travelers would like more feedback we would love to offer! Thanks again for a terrific, memorable 50th trip!"
- Alicia“My wife and I wanted the Alaska trip of a lifetime. Normally, I enjoy being my own travel agent, but with only two weeks to give to it, and with seemingly hundreds of "trails, cruses, and experiences of a lifetime" to choose from, I realized I was out of my league. So I put my plight to Debbie, and asked if she could help. She said she thought she could--and boy did she ever! I gave her an impossible list of places and things we wanted to do, and she came up with a tight but well-paced itinerary that allowed us to see virtually every aspect of Alaska we'd hoped to see, plus a few that we hadn't--like a thrilling landing on a glacier at the base of Mt. Denali and a two-day combination plane and auto ride to Prudhoe Bay. These were high points on our trip that we wouldn't have experienced except for Debbie's gentle insistence. And the travel connections she found--wow! Airplanes-to-ferries-to buses-to-trains-to-cruse boats, all aligned without a hitch. In fact the only problems we encountered in this near perfect travel experience resulted from the (few) times I over-ruled her recommendations and insisted on my own choice. I have to admit I had my doubts as what value a "travel coach" could really add to our vacation experience, but I came away a believer. As a result, I plan to use her again in mapping an up-coming trip to Australia. So I would say you're in safe hands with Dos Santos!”
"Debbie was able to plan the most carefree vacation in Italy we could imagine. It was door to door service our entire ten days in Tuscany and Rome. If a problem arose, she solved it from half a world away. We would not hesitate to recommend her services to anyone."
"We had a great time out in Jackson. One of the best trips I've taken. Thanks for setting that up for us."
- Skip & Luanne
"We went on a vacation to some of the most popular cities in the world, Debbie is able to find those special out-of-the-way places that speak to you as an individual ( not a tour group)... it was like it became our hometown because she's been able to customize it to our interests. Like we had lived there our whole life and have carved out a special place all your own."