Take this ten day journey to experience the natural and cultural beauty of Iceland. Begin your adventure of luxury and wonder in Iceland's capital of Reykjavík. While in the city enjoy staying at the Black Pearl. The Place Pearl offers 10 modern and spacious apartments that are within the city center. Start your trip by walking around the culturally vibrant city with an expert guide around the capital region.
After spending a day in Reykjavík, travel to the northern region if Iceland to spend two days exploring the area. Start with Akureyri as your base, set out on a guided journey through the surrounding landscape. Get the opportunity to see a place of magnificent geological contrast that are all within easy reach. Take in the wonders of the Goðafoss waterfall, Krafla volcano, Skútustaðagígar pseudo-craters, Dimmuborgir lava pillars, and Lake Mývatn. Make sure to take a swim in the Mývatn Nature Baths. Also take the chance to go whale watching in the close Húsavík’s Skjálfandi Bay.
Next, travel to southern Iceland where another adventure awaits. Some of the country’s most popular natural wonders reside in this area. The three most popular natural highlights of Iceland are: the Golden Circle of Gulfoss, Geysir, and Thingvellir (Þingvellir). Take an exclusive helicopter ride takes you over the region's various valleys, geothermal springs, power plants, and lava fields, eventually leading you to the Fontana Geothermal Baths and your luxury accommodations at Hótel Rangá. This luxurious country lodge is a sophisticated resort with a worldwide reputation for its exquisite accommodations, its hospitable warmth, and its fresh food. It is a great place to stay to take in a breath taking show from the Northern Lights. Also get the chance to go experience the isolated nature reserve of Thorsmörk (Þórsmörk). Get to see the incredible Long Glacier (Langjökull) by traveling by snowmobile or maybe even into the magma chamber of Thrihnukagigur Volcano in the Bláfjöll Mountains.
End your journey in Reykjavík, a time when the city is participating in the biggest and most popular festival in the country, Reykjavík Culture Night. This annual festival marks the start of the city’s cultural year when museums, theaters, and cultural institutions launch their annual program of events and take to celebrating throughout the city's streets, businesses, and residences. The program offers a cross-section of all things culture, with a host of events ranging from musical performances to exhibitions of art and architecture, all delivered by the city’s budding talent. After two days of festivities, spend your final day in Iceland relaxing in the beautiful Blue Lagoon for one final taste of Iceland's many natural wonders.
- Luxury accommodations at Black Pearl, Hotel Kea, and Hótel Rangá
- Guided walking exploration of Reykjavík
- Guided excursions to Goðafoss waterfall, Krafla volcano, Skútustaðagígar, Dimmuborgir lava pillars, and Lake Mývatn
- Visit to Mývatn Nature Baths
- Whale watching in Skjálfandi Bay
- Sea angling in Icelandic seas
- Leisurely time in Akureyri
- Helicopter flightseeing
- Swimming at Fontana Geothermal Baths
- Guided drive through Thorsmörk (Þórsmörk) Nature Reserve
- Barbecue lunch in Thorsmörk (Þórsmörk)
- Private guided exploration of the Golden Circle: Gullfoss, Geysir, and Thingvellir
- Snowmobile ride on Langjökull (the Long Glacier)
- Hiking in the Bláfjöll Mountains
- Descend into the Thrihnukagigur Volcano
- Participation in Reykjavík Culture Night festivities
- Visit to the Blue Lagoon
Contact Us to help you plan this trip of a lifetime to experience both the natural beauty of Iceland and the Reykjavík Culture Night